At Nichia, market demands are promptly communicated through Nichia's organization's structure and then implemented by Nichia's own monotsukuri*.
Nichia is made of multiple business units: the Cathode Material Business Unit develop and produce cathode material for Lithium Ion battery, the Optoelectronics Products Business Unit that promotes the opto-device business, the Functional Materials Business Unit that produce magnetic material, phosphor, etc., And the Nichia Research Institute, pursuing the research on light and energy. In addition, indirect divisions supports these business units. All business units work in collaboration with the production sites, R&D institutions, sales, and indirect divisions at Nichia.
Cathode Material Business Unit
- Development of Cathode Materials
- Development of cathode materials for Lithium-ion batteries and development of next-generation materials
- Manufacturing of Cathode Materials
- Manufacturing of cathode materials for Lithium-ion batteries
- Battery material business planning, procurement, and worldwide sales
Optoelectronics Product Business Unit
- Development of LED/LD products
- Development, material development manufacturing process development, and package development for LED/LD products
- LED/LD manufacturing and production technology
- LED/LD manufacturing, process technology
- Development of applied products
- Development of light source modules
- LED/LD business planning, procurement, and worldwide sales
Functional Materials Business Unit
- Development and manufacturing of functional chemicals
- Development and manufacturing of magnetic materials, phosphors, etc.
- Gallium metal and Infrared Epitaxial Wafer Manufacturing
- Gallium metal and Infrared epitaxial wafer manufacturing
- Manufacturing of epitaxial growth substrate for use in LED/LD
Nichia Research Institute
- Basic research on technologies and materials related to light and energy
- Plant Engineering
- Design and development of equipment made in-house
- Quality Assurance
- Inspection/analysis of the products, quality assurance/management, customer support
- General affair, human resource, human resource development, accounting, etc.
- Legal & Intellectual Property
- Intellectual property rights and contractual practices throughout the world
- IT Systems
- Internal IT system development and management, AI, IoT, big data, robotization
- Environment and Safety
- Environment, Safety and Health management
* The Japanese word describing creating, manufacturing, and developing activities that are not only focused on the simple process of manufacturing inside a factory but also include the creation, utilization, and combination of ideas, technologies, and expertise.