Nichia, placing a high value on environmental responsibility as its corporate philosophy, is striving towards "Monotsukuri*" (Creation and development of fine and elaborate products) for superior performance, extended life, and ever increasing reliability. At the same time, through its strict compliance with laws and regulations and fair business activities, Nichia intends to evolve with Japan as well as the global industry; in doing so, Nichia wishes to be a valued corporate citizen.
To ensure the implementation of the foregoing basic corporate goal in its procurement activities, Nichia has made the following procurement policy.
- Nichia will observe laws, and regulations, and social norms.
- Nichia will conduct all business transactions with its suppliers in a fair and professional manner, and build mutual cooperation and trust with the suppliers.
- Nichia will fulfill its social responsibility (i.e. preservation of the environment, seeking coexistence and prosperity with local communities).
- Nichia will select materials focusing on not only their safety, but also their quality, price, delivery performance, and stable supply.
- Nichia will treat all confidential information received in the course of business transactions with sufficient degree of care.
* The Japanese word describing creating, manufacturing, and developing activities that are not only focused on the simple process of manufacturing inside a factory but also include the creation, utilization, and combination of ideas, technologies, and expertise.